PDA

View Full Version : Morning At the shore

Mitch Carucci
09-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Simplify.

denise ippolito
09-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi Mitch, A fun and colorful look to this one. I might reduce the color on the white of the bird a bit if it were mine just to give a bit more of separation from the BG. I usually like a bit more on the top than the bottom but with the water at the bottom looking so lovely I like this comp.:S3:

Paul Lagasi
09-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey Mitch, another nice work...I really like the effect of Topaz Simplify, it's one of my favourite filters....good advice above

Andrew McLachlan
09-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi Mitch, nice and colorful, agree with Denise on the color in the white of the bird. Nice capture!

John Storjohann
09-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Mitch, I like the dimensional quality to this...love the pose of the bird...and Denise makes a good suggestion regarding the white of the bird. I might tone down the white foam highlights to the right of the bird just a bit, too, so they don't compete as strongly within the image...Nicely Done!

Bob Miller
09-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Mitch...I like the stained glass effect on the bird...lovely...I agree with advise given concerning the white belly of the bird and the white patch to the right of the bird. If it were mine I would crop just a bit off the bottom and add some canvas at the top with content aware ( with CS5)

Mitch Carucci
09-26-2011, 02:40 PM
John,

I agree with your comment about the white "sea foam" highlight. It does need to be toned down.

Thanks.

M.