PDA

View Full Version : The Stare

ramesh anantharaman
09-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Canon EOS ID Mk IV, 500mm f/4, @500mm, ISO 400, f/4, 1/2000.

There was a kind of broken and cut light falling on this fellow giving him a pleasing look. There was a small plant right on the tail tip that I removed. also a few more distractions around the subject. I just couldn't remove the small twig poking into the fellows back.

Mark Wiseman
09-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi Ramesh, I like your image. It has a wonderful background, an excellent pose and IQ. The concentrated stare of this male cheetah is what I look for in my own images, it is just a pity about that stick poking him in the back, but sometimes no matter what you do, they have to be accepted. TFS
:5

Steve Berkowitz
09-23-2011, 11:00 AM
I don't think the stick is an issue at all. Very nice pose and background. Steve

Tin Man Lee
09-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Very unique pose, love the glance back. Nice softlight and fantastic background.

Pieter de Waal
09-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Excellent look back pose with great eye contact Ramesh. Nice BG and I don't have a problem with the twig at all.Well done.

Steve Kaluski
09-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi Ramesh, I like the look back, overall subtle colours and good IQ, and the eyes have that lovely amber colour.

I can see why you went for the portrait format, but I might have also gone landscape too, as cropping just below the hip might have given this male cheetah a bit more dignity. :bg3: Just a thought.

A quick question, have you applied any blurring either side on the hard packed mud, as I thought there would be a bit more detail as per the back of the Cheetah?

TFS
Steve

Grant Atkinson
09-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Excellent detail in the cheetahs face, and a good ears-up pose, also really like the blurred background. The fact that the cheetah was raised also means that you had a good eye level point of view. The stick doesnt really bother me too much at all. I see what Steve is referring to and think that it may be the effects of removing the small bush and other distractions that you wrote of in your explanation. This is such a good shot that it might be worth a revisit to perhaps remove them with a little more care from the original image...
TFS
Grant

Harshad Barve
09-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Nicely done indeed, great gardening too :w3
TFS

Morkel Erasmus
09-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Super perspective here...I do agree with Steve some of the OOF areas seem out-of-place and might be because of your cloning work?? :S3:

DanWalters
09-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Nice eye contact and I like the clean background.