PDA

View Full Version : Ashy Crowned Sparrow Lark

yogesh_puranik
09-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Made this image near my home town pune. let me know if the HA is good or bad? also i kept the grasses as it is..or should i clone them?
C&C most welcome taken with canon 500d and 55-250IS lens

http://www.indianaturewatch.net/images/album/photo/20899990464d520d06ab4b5.jpg

Arthur Morris
09-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Love the bird. With the bird angled towards us it is best if the head be on straight, that is, turned a bit more towards us. I would lose all of the grasses plus the big dust spot on the right above the grasses. Sharp. EXP and BKGR good. Nice detail in the blacks. What make lens? Where is Pune?

Daniel Cadieux
09-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Nice image overall, but as Artie points out, the HA would have been better being pointed more towards us. I like the bill slightly ajar and the wonderful BG. From your questions it looks like you are comfortable with image modifications, so yes, the grasses could go. I too would like to know where is Pune?:S3:

yogesh_puranik
09-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks Artie and Dan for suggestions. Currently i don't have Photoshop due to some issues in my PC but i will definitely remove those grasses..
BTW: The lens is from Canon. Canon 55-250, it is very good lens to start with really nice one and very cheap around 250$.
Pune is one of IT Hub in India in the Maharashtra state. We have some more BPN members from that area...it is very nice place but nowadays loosing all the birding habitats due to urbanisation :(..