PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy Turnstone for Tom

Mark Young
09-22-2011, 04:37 AM
This was taken late yesterday afternoon after bumping into Tom Rambaut at the local marine reserve.

Canon 7D 300f4+1.4tc ISO200 f/8 1/500 +0.3ec HH

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj177/MTY400/Birds/Birds of Australia/Shorebirds/RuddyTurnstoneIMG_2272.jpg

Arthur Morris
09-22-2011, 07:51 AM
You needed to be a lot higher or a lot lower. A bit more head turn towards you would have helped. SH and EXP good.

We would love to have your membership support as some point :S3:

Daniel Cadieux
09-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Ditto Artie, plus an extra round of sharpening especially to the face to bring out the fine detail. Nice perch, and well expossed image.

Mark Young
09-22-2011, 03:09 PM
You needed to be a lot higher or a lot lower. A bit more head turn towards you would have helped. SH and EXP good.

Thanks for the feedback. I Totally agree. I dislike the rock in the bg. I much prefer a cleaner blue bg. What do you know about the moults of these birds? I think it might be a first year imm, but I'm not overly certain.

We would love to have your membership support as some point :S3:

I wish I could, but we had our first child in Jan and we're down to one salary until the missus gets back to work next January. Money's a bit tight at the moment, hence the reason I haven't renewed my membership or been participating too much lately.

Ditto Artie, plus an extra round of sharpening especially to the face to bring out the fine detail. Nice perch, and well expossed image.

Thanks Dan. In hyndsight I could've gone for a bit more dof.

Arthur Morris
09-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Good luck with the baby and thanks for your past support. I think that this is a worn adult going into basic plumage.