PDA

View Full Version : Great feeding grebe

ramesh anantharaman
09-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Canon EOS 40D, 500mm f/4, 1.4 x t.c., @ 700mm, f/8, 1/1000 sec, ISO 400.

Ron Sprunger
09-21-2011, 12:25 PM
It's a stunning image, with great BG, perfect exposure, wonderful detail in the feathers and water droplets. I could wish the fish weren't quite so far down the hatch, but terrific nonetheless. Maybe you could remove the lower, smaller catchlight from the eye. Well done, wish it were mine.

Mital Patel
09-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Ramesh

The quality, Sharpness, pose and framing at its best to me.

Must say amazing work. image looks bit flat on tones. What i may do is use Level and give it RGB : 5, 1.00, 211
Next i find the ripples on the tail of bird get sudden stop might do care bout that.

also i may clone the bottom edge ripple white line ..

need on the dark spot over the forehead need touch up.

sorry if i asked so much here but this image has deadly potential for any magazine to place on cover and it can go to me :)

dont mind.

Randy Stout
09-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Ramesh:

Excellent image, nice timing, colors, sharpness, shooting angle.

Could go a bit brighter on my monitor.

Well done.

Cheers

Randy

Stu Bowie
09-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Ramesh, excellent low angle here, and I like how we can just see the tail of the fish before its swallowed completely. You have brought very good detail and the sharpness is superb. The droplets all over the body add a nice touch. I wouldnt change a thing. :w3

Arthur Morris
09-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Superb despite the fact that the bird is angled ever-so-slightly away from you. Could use a bit of a contrast boost. If it were mine I would tone down or eliminate the specular highlights on the bill. Might also do a bit of Eye Doctor work which would make it pop even more.

Don Lacy
09-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi Ramesh, What a great captured I agree with the other on a slight increase in the mids and a very slight contrast boost to better illustrate what I mean I pulled the image into PS and did the tweaks so you can compare the difference. I also did a very small amount of additional sharpening since I thought the water drops should sparkle just a tad more and I cleaned up the specular highlights on the bill and around the eye

Pieter de Waal
09-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Superb image and timing Ramesh. Like the low angle, water droplets and detail with great BG. Well done.

Sandesh R.Dhareshwar
09-21-2011, 11:34 PM
The softness of the image, the low angle ,droplets on the back makes it a Superb image the fish in the mouth is a bonus

arash_hazeghi
09-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Excellent pose, details, sharpness and the fish is such a big bonus, I like Dave's repsot with more contrast. A killer image excellent work!!! :5

Brendan Dozier
09-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Awesome capture and composition, Ramesh! Good suggestions, repost looks good.