PDA

View Full Version : Dew Drops

Steve Bein
04-02-2008, 02:02 AM
From Antelope Valley a few years ago. I spent a few hours laying against the dirt in a gully shooting 1 inch plants with dew drops and the poppies in the background. I hope to get back there this week. If I can get it to load, I will post this modified, out of the box. I hope it works.
This was a neat time and the images were fun to create.

Roman Kurywczak
04-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Hey Steve,
I came to check after I saw the OOTB one...........the bright spot on this one stands out to much on this one IMO. You probably have to clone it out............that being said.......love the OOTB version,
Roman

Blake Shadle
04-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Outstanding image, Steve. I really like it. I'd like to see it without that bit of light spectrum in the lower right of the frame.

Robert Amoruso
04-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Nit mentioned on the highlight. Very cool. Nice composition and DOF to get the reflections in focus.

Robert O'Toole
04-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Good work Steve, i like it especially since its not your average, seen it 10,000 times before, antelope valley poppy shot. Love the greens and the orange glow at the top. Brings back memories, I havent photographed there in a couple of years, well I dont think its rained the last couple years I was out there in spring.

How has it been this year? I heard the rain may have been too early.

Was the shot set up or was it after a spring rain?

Robert

Mike Moats
04-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey Steve, very cool creative image, love the colors.

Steve Bein
04-03-2008, 12:30 AM
This was not a set up, nor after a rain. It was dew drops early in the morning. I spent several hours laying on the side of the gully in the dirt shooting these small (about 1") plants with the drops on them. For every shot I got, I knocked off the drops with my lens on 4 or 5 others. I am nearsighted, so, with my magnifying eyes, I would identify what I wanted to shoot, then try to find it in the lens. Not easy, and a bit frustrating, but I got some good results.
Tanks for the comments. I think I will post another one. I will go back and clone out the spectral glare on the LR for printing.

Ed Cordes
04-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Nits already covered. Overall effect is great. I like the refractive effect in the dew.