View Full Version : Jumping In Early Morning Fog

Allen Sparks
09-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Canon 7D, 70-200 f2.8 II, 2x TC III, HH
ISO 800, f5.6, 1/800s

Morkel Erasmus
09-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi Allen!

Interesting scene here in the fog, and a nice low perspective on this deer jumping the fence.
The fog adds some nice mood. I tried adding a hint of contrast, especially midtone contrast, and liked the effect.

Where was this taken? :S3:

Allen Sparks
09-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi Morkel and thanks for the comment and suggestions. I took this in the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, USA specifically in Cades Cove.

Steve Kaluski
09-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Hi Allen, I am suprised at how flat the image looks with the early morning fog, I just wonder if you apply an adjustment in Levels by bring the sliders in on both sides say 8 on the left and to where the bar starts on the right it still retains the foggy feel with a bit more image content, plus a little crop both top & bottom just tightens things up. Just a thought Allen.

TFS
Steve

jack williamson
09-20-2011, 02:39 PM
My favorite animal on the planet and I like this image. Excellent shooting angle, perfect ss to freeze the deer in air, and the fog definately says very early morning. In a month or so when they have their grey winter coats it can be difficult to spot a deer on a foggy morning especially if they are motionless. I see two strands of spiderweb hanging from his chin and it is slightly distracting. Great image.

Jack

Robert Amoruso
09-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Levels and Curves would help this out nicely. I was going to say Cades Cove - I recognize the fence. :)

I would crop on the road. Nice work on being in the right place for this low angle and capturing peak moment.

Tom Graham
09-21-2011, 12:51 AM
Love the perspective, composition with fence angling in, the deer position.
Since it is a foggy morning scene it is hard for me to decide whether I prefer more fog and less color, or more subject definition and color.
Tom

Brendan Dozier
09-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Great action capture, Allen, and nicely composed. Fog is a nice touch. Good suggestions above, and I think I see a little bit of color noise on the deer.

Harshad Barve
09-21-2011, 04:33 AM
Excellent action captured here
TFS

Rachel Hollander
09-21-2011, 07:03 AM
Nice timing and pov. Some good suggestions above for taking this up a notch.

TFS,
Rachel

Grant Atkinson
09-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Well done on capturing the leap at a perfect point. I find the barbed wire adds to the story of the image, and am impressed at the deers leaping ability. Steves repost works nicely. Good work with this image.