PDA

View Full Version : in love with a tulip

Grahame Hamblin
09-20-2011, 05:23 AM
Still shooting at f2 Thought this had a nice look any comments
Grahame

Arthur Morris
09-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Colors, shape and form are gorgeous. I keep looking for something sharp... Is the stem sharp in the ORIG? If so it might be a great plan to combine the sharp stem with the soft-focused flower. And perhaps raise the SAT (or Vibrance) just a bit.

Steve Maxson
09-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi Grahame. I like the way the comp flows diagonally out of the corner and then radiates out to fill the frame. The colors are very eye-catching. Like Artie, I think the image would be even stronger if the stem was sharp - at least at the point where the petals emerge. The black sliver on the right side is drawing my eye, but it's a minor point for me. I think you're onto something with this approach. :S3:

Jason Hurst
09-20-2011, 02:56 PM
The base of the petals almost look like the flame of a match that has just been lit. I agree with the others that said it would be nice if the stem had been sharp. Still a beautiful image though.

Paul Lagasi
09-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Grahame this would rock in OOTB, I agree with comments above, love the colors in this tulip. F2 seems to be working for you...

Allen Sparks
09-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Nice! Agree with above comments but still a very appealing image!

Anita Bower
09-21-2011, 06:09 AM
I'm working my way backward and now understand what you meant by moving up to 5.6 in your later post. Beautiful colors. The diagonal position of the flower is pleasing. I would like to see all or part of the front petal in focus. As I look at this image, I think you might have focused on the petals just behind the stem. When I photograph a flower like this, I shoot at a number of f stops to discover which I like best. Thanks for posting.

John Storjohann
09-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Grahame, I'm late to the party on this image, and echo what others have said; my eye is looking for something to lock on to that has a hint of sharpness. Wonderful comp...great lines..great idea that will be even better with a bit of tweaking the next time around!

Ken Childs
09-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Grahame, as mentioned above, all this really needs is a small sharp area to focus on. I'd say Steve and Artie have it right......if the spot where the stem and petals meet was in focus, this would be awesome! This would really glow if Ortonized so Paul's suggestion of posting it in the OOTB sounds perfect to me. :S3: