PDA

View Full Version : Magpie Falls

Andrew McLachlan
09-19-2011, 07:36 PM
From my trip to Lake Superior last week. Made a short side trip up to Wawa (Paul - Wawa has a Tim Horton's now...yippie!) to photograph a few of the waterfalls found there. This image is a shot of the base of Magpie Falls which I applied Topaz B&W Effects and went a little heavy with the detail sliders for the effect here.

Look forward to comments.

Paul Lagasi
09-19-2011, 10:34 PM
Wawa has a Tim's :eek3: Yee haa, this year on my way west one more place to stop...Andrew this image is a well thought out creative image, IMO I think this is going to be a favourite of mine. I can't explain why, its just that I feel at piece when I look at it....something about waterfalls. Lovely

denise ippolito
09-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Andrew, This was my favorite image from your recent blog post. I like the multiple "mini falls" inside the scene. The detail looks nice , maybe some NR. Nice work with the B&W Effects!:S3:

NathanBeaulne
09-20-2011, 07:08 PM
What a stunning image Andrew! I really like the comp and the B+W treatment.

John Storjohann
09-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Andrew, I like the processing on this one...looks like a lithograph....and the multiple layers of falls enriches the image...a constant flow of movement and rich textures. To my eye, it's a little tight on the left and on the bottom, more so on the bottom; I'd like to have seen a bit of the eddy beneath the falls...but that's my only real suggestion, as it is very strong on its own. Nicely done!

Indranil Sircar
09-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Excellent composition and treatment, Andrew. I love it all the way... those multiple layers of falls is awesome... one of my favorite image of yours:S3:

Anita Bower
09-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Strong composition! Interesting effect. I had to look at it for a while before deciding that i think it does work.

Andrew McLachlan
09-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the comments folks. Much appreciated!

Jay Sheinfield
09-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Andrew, great scene. Well framed capture and nicely processed. Sweet!