PDA

View Full Version : Roman Kurywczak / Dave Mills - Thank You - You Too Will Be Missed

Jay Gould
09-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi, I have just learned that Roman is no longer a Landscape Moderator on BPN.

Roman, there is no doubt that your advice greatly assisted me, and I am sure others, in shortening their learning curves to producing better landscape images. Artie and Co. will have to look far and wide to find Landscape Photographers of your caliber and Dave's caliber willing to give of their time as you two did to share and teach.

Looking forward to your critiques in the future here on BPN, and on other forums like Nature Scapes.Net and Nature Photographers.Net.

Good luck in the future; may your career flourish :5 and the Port flow :cheers:!

Roman Kurywczak
09-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks Jay! Appreciate the dind words!!! Will see you around and I really do look forward to the port with you one day! Hopefully sooner.....than later! :cheers:

James Shadle
09-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Jay,
Roman and Dave both had circumstances that made them unable to contribute as moderators.

They both were (as Staff) and still are assets (now as members) to BPN.
Their contributions as staff will be missed, but I'm glad they both are able to find time to contribute as members.

Thanks Roman and Dave for your service to BPN and it's membership!!!!

Brendan Dozier
09-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks Roman & Dave for all your time, support & encouragement. You can tell you both love photography and it shows. Look forward to seeing more of your excellent images in the future! I'm drinking a cold one in your honor! :cheers:

Cheers!

- Brendan

dankearl
09-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Dave gone and now Roman?
In the short time I have been here (about 9 months) they have both been so generous with their comments, critiques,
and just info in general and both such gentleman.
Thank you Roman for all your advice and kind words.
I look forward to future photos from you, I hope you will continue to post and give us all those great images to look at.

Roman Kurywczak
09-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks Brendan and Dan! The kind words are greatly appreciated! Cheers!:cheers::cheers::cheers:!

Danny J Brown
09-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Hey Roman,

I always enjoyed you as a moderator who didn't take himself too seriously but knew his "shitzo" when it came to landscapes! Good luck my friend!

DB

Rachel Hollander
09-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Roman - I can only echo the above sentiments and thank you for making me a better landscape photographer (though still plenty of room to improve). Your gentle comments and suggestions are much appreciated. Looking forward to your continued participation and to your images.

Thanks again,
Rachel

Sabyasachi Patra
09-20-2011, 02:45 AM
Hi Roman,
Good luck in your future endeavour. BPN has been able to generate a good fellow feeling and one can immediately see from the comments how each one feels when someone leaves.

Any plans of coming to India?

All the best!

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Phil Ertel
09-20-2011, 04:56 AM
Hi Roman,

Just want to say thank you for your contributions to BPN. I have enjoyed your comments, insight and knowledge of photograph. Your willingly to share and help those help those of us less knowledgeable is greatly appreciated! Good luck in your future endeavors.

Regards,

Phil

gail bisson
09-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Hi Roman,
I echo all of the above sentiments!
Gail

Dave Mills
09-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi folks, just saw this and I thank Jay and everyone for the kind words on this post and others. Jay, if your ever on the east coast(near NYC) please let Roman and I know.
Would love to meet you.
Best regards to all...

Don Lacy
09-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Roman And Dave, Thank you for help and suggestions on my images you both help me become a better landscape photographer and it is appreciated.

Norm Dulak
09-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Roman's tremendous incite and expertise will be sorely missed. People of that caliber cannot be replaced. Although I have seldom contributed to the Landscape forum, Roman's comments and suggestions in the Macro and Flora forum have been invaluable to me. It's very sad to know that he will be unable to continue to provide such guidance.

Norm

Harshad Barve
09-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks Dave & Roman for wonderful contribution to this magnificent forum , You will be missed and I am sure James will have tough task on hands to find your replacements

Best luck for your future endeavors :cheers:
TFS Jay

Roman Kurywczak
09-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks Danny, Phil, Gail, Rachel, Sabyasachi (I hope an d will PM you), Don, and Norm! Your words mean so much to me and I am humbled that you would take the time to express your feelings and good wishes. I take great pride in being a small part in your growth! Take care and all the best and hopefully we will run into each other in the field!

Don Railton
09-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi Guys

I am relatively new to the landscape site but I too would like to thank you both for your gentle help and encouragement. Be assured your words will continue to ring bells in my head next time I am trying to frame up my next landscape shot, and for that I will be eternally grateful...

best regards

DON

Sid Garige
09-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Thanks Roman and Dave for all your contributions.

Roman always enjoyed your company and your generous lessons on night photography. Good luck my friend.
Give me a call when you come to our neck of the woods.

Roman Kurywczak
09-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks you Harshad, Don, and Side very much! I will certainly give you a call Sid when I am down and look forward to teh next shoot with you!

Linda Dulak
09-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Roman and Dave: Thanks so much for your time and effort to make better photographers of us all. You will be missed.

I hope to bump into you sometime at Longwood.

Linda

Andrew McLachlan
09-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Dave and Roman, best of luck to both of you. Hope to meet up down the road someday. All the best guys :cheers:

Roman Kurywczak
09-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks Andrew! :cheers:

Hilary Hann
09-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Wow, only just saw this thread. Dave and Roman … both fantastic moderators and so, so helpful with great knowledge. Moderators come, moderators go, but good teachers linger on endlessly in the work we produce. Thanks and good luck.

Jerry van Dijk
09-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Roman and Dave, thank you for all the good work! It's been appreciated very much!

Dave Mills
09-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks again folks. I appreciate the nice words...

Grady Weed
09-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Roman and Dave, Have a pint on me too! Preferably a Sam Adams, Long Trail or a Fosters!

Paul Lagasi
10-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Wow, just saw this post..you will both be missed..you input and advice has helped many of us, improve our images....best of luck in the future

Roman Kurywczak
10-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks a bunch Linda, Hilary, Grady (definitely Long Trail!), Jerry, and Paul! I truly appreciate the kind words and hope to meet you all in the field one day! :cheers:

Grace Scalzo
10-04-2011, 08:01 AM
Roman and Dave, all my best to the both of you! Roman, you've gotten alot of comments on good landscape help you've given, but your birds weren't too shabby either! I've learned from you both and I thank you.

Roman Kurywczak
10-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the kind words Grace!