PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Wattled Lapwing

RAM MALLYA
09-19-2011, 01:26 AM
I Could not do much about the hiding legs in the grass here as i shot this from the ground level .

Shutter speed 1/3200
Aperture F/4
ISO 400
Lens 600MM L IS USM
Camera body 1D Mark II N
On tripod
C&C welcome

arash_hazeghi
09-19-2011, 02:18 AM
very nice light pose and details! does it need cw rotation? for me a bit more room on the bottom. also with the content aware brush in CS5 you might be able to get rid of the weed that was blocking the feet. Great image

Randy Stout
09-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Ram:

Sharp, well exposed, good shooting angle, nice angle of bird in frame, pleasant colors, like the little touch of green on right as well.

As you mentioned, wish the feet were visible and the one shoot didn't cross in front of the legs, but the bird is so nice, it takes a while to even notice that small point.

I agree with Arash about a sliver more below.

Cheers

Randy

Arthur Morris
09-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Good suggestions above though I would suggest using a Quick Mask to cover the white thing that obstructs the near foot. Sometimes sitting is better than being flat on the ground... See "Why Sit Down on the Job?" (http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2011/06/11/why-sit-down-on-the-job/)

Mital Patel
09-19-2011, 08:16 AM
already three major points been said i had in mind when was looking image so apart from that this is one beautiful image.

Kaustubh Deshpande
09-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Ram, excellent IQ and good job getting parallel to the bird. Loved that catchlight in the eye. I dont mind the feet getting obstructed or FG blur...I rather like that effect most times. Here, the main issue with that is the bright spots. I dont know how much distraction is there below...but more room there and a tad less above would have been my preferred crop.

Daniel Cadieux
09-19-2011, 11:40 AM
I agree with the comp suggestions and CW rotation. Beautiful bird, and I love the golden hues throughout. The bit of green vegetation at right really adds alot here.