PDA

View Full Version : Sept-Oct Theme-- Camouflage

Craig Wallace
09-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Bittern's are good at camouflage. Took at Ridgefield NWR. Nikon D2x's 80-400vr at 370mm. iso 320, f6.3 1/160, mateix mettering, wb cloudy. thanks for looking, comments appreciated.

Marina Scarr
09-19-2011, 08:04 AM
What a super example for the theme! I think I would go a little tighter on this one and take some of the top and right.

Kerry Perkins
09-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi Craig, they certainly are and one of the best! Thanks for posting such a good example. I agree with Marina's cropping suggestion. I love how the colors of the bird match the environment so well. When they do that vertical stretch, gazing at the sky, they really do disappear.

Jeff Cashdollar
09-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Craig, the cloudy WB sure warms things up, nice theme picture. Placement is fine but lot's of space on top. The vert crop works well with the body style. Nice detail for 1/160 was this HH. Love the eyes and serious staring pose. Could have bumped up the ISO for faster shutter. Again, nice camouflage example. Keep em coming.

John Chardine
09-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Hi Craig- A very difficult species to photograph! Love the warm tones here. The image is nice and sharp. Great Theme image. Habitat elements are good although the diagonal reed running over the head is a bit distracting. I would consider taking some off the top to balance the image a little better.

wendell westfall
09-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Craig, very nice; but I think "head on" images always leave the face of birds looking odd. I think your subsequent post is much better.