PDA

View Full Version : Snowy darkness

Kerry Perkins
09-18-2011, 11:17 PM
The base image for this one is in my chiaroscuro tutorial in the workflow sticky. A little bit of Pixel Bender Oilpaint to make it more interesting, at least I hope so... :c3: The eye and bill were masked back in.

Anita Bower
09-19-2011, 05:50 AM
I just read your tutorial (thanks) and now understand how this image was created! Excellent.

John Storjohann
09-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Nicely done, Kerry...the effect on the feet remind me of that Salvador Dali painting where the watch is melting off the table! Wonderful job of masking the eye and bill back in for detail...if it were mine, I might evict a few of the green leaves showing through near the top that don't appear to be attached to anything...then again, I'm on a non-calibrated laptop right now, so it may just be my screen. Nicely done...great lines created by the log and the plant life near the bottom...love the wispy feel to the feathers of the snowy...need to read your tutorial now!

denise ippolito
09-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Kerry, You are the master of the chiaroscuro look. I love the PB and the dark BG really makes this guy pop. I think John makes a good suggestion regarding the few bits of green. The image has a beautiful flow to it. :S3:

Indranil Sircar
09-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Wonderful composition, Kerry. I like how you exposed elements of the image. Wonderful use of filters giving a nice flow... very effective! My preference also would be to get rid of those bits of leaves... but could go either way.

Brendan Dozier
09-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Very nice Kerry! Beautiful light coming out of dark & processing gives it a great flow and softness. Also agree regarding removing bits of green above, but still very well done!

Judy Howle
09-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Beautiful image Kerry! I like the filtering and lighting.

Andrew McLachlan
09-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Very nice Kerry! Love the PB treatment on this one. Agree on the small bits of green. Beautiful work!

Kerry Perkins
09-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Less green bits! I cloned away the floating greenery at the top of the frame and added a self-imposed crop from the top. Re-sized back to posting size and added a touch of USM to make up for the lost pixels. Well, not really... :c3: Thanks for the suggestion, it works well I think!

Paul Lagasi
09-19-2011, 10:45 PM
I think this is a winner...excellent work I love the effects pixes bender has on these egrets long feathers..nothing to say but when the next one coming...

denise ippolito
09-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Nice repost Kerry!