PDA

View Full Version : Mirror, mirror on the wall; who is the fairest of them all..

Gus Cobos
04-01-2008, 09:34 PM
This image was captured with a Nikon D70s, using a Nikkor 300mm f/4D.
focal length @ 420mm / exposure mode @ manual / matrix metering
1/640sec - f/5.6 / exposure comp @ 0EV / ISO @ 320 / WB @ auto
AF-Mode @ AF-C / color mode set to sRGB / hue adjustment @ 0
saturation @ normal / no flash / no tripod / :)

Comments greatly appreciated...:D

Harold Davis
04-02-2008, 04:58 AM
i dont normally like square crops but i thought it worked here. you got some great definition of the bird in the water. i dont think i was patient enough to work the shot nearly as well as you did. great job:D i added some USM just to the bird to make him pop a bit more.

a reflection of that bird was about the only thing that was gonna make him look good:p

have a great day

Alfred Forns
04-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Just what I was thinking Cropping some from the top !!! Excellent image Gus Love the composition and the idea for shooting the reflection !!! Big Congrats on this one !!!!

Gus Cobos
04-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Thank you Harold, thank you Al. I was tring to think of a different angle for this ugly duckling instead of the conventional pose. I would have liked to see more of the gators head; but hey Mr. gator did not want to move...:confused:

Arthur Morris
04-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi Gus, The re-posted SQ crop is better but the gator needs to be brighter and a bit sharper. A contrast mask should work for the latter and SH/H (after the contrast mask) should help with the brightness. be sure to increase the midtone contrast when you do the SH/H.

later and love, artie