PDA

View Full Version : Some like it hot

Grahame Hamblin
09-18-2011, 04:50 PM
D300 taken at f2 1/8000 iso 200 Have done a little clean up any suggestions welcome
Grahame

Paul Lagasi
09-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi Grahame...I like the resulting image, colorful and love those drops...I may have gone with a much higher f-stop and lower shutter speed to get more depth of field...at least so all the center of the flower was in focus but thats just me....I looked back at some of your previous images f2 seems to be a favourite...so well done
I will never say anything about someone who lists photography and fishing as what they like....:tinysmile_shy_t:

Grahame Hamblin
09-18-2011, 06:29 PM
I agree i read Denise's the softer side of macro and have been giving it a go It is a learning curve that never stops.
Thanks Grahame

Brendan Dozier
09-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Amazing color on this Grahame, and like the low angle close-up comp. Agree on a little more dof, and look forward to more.

John Storjohann
09-19-2011, 05:27 AM
Great color, nice composition, and I agree with the comments above on DOF. There's a grayish, specular highlight (from a dew drop?) just to the right of dead center in the image I'd evict...and a few more on the petals to the right, at about 2:00. Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Steve Maxson
09-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi Grahame. Beautiful, intense colors and the water drops add interest. DOF in an image like this can be a matter of taste and mine is usually for more, rather than less, DOF. For me, the OOF band of red across the bottom of the image (which is obscuring part of the central portion of the flower) is distracting. I think a little higher shooting angle such that we could see the entire center of the flower would be an improvement. :S3:

Arthur Morris
09-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Ditto Steve: the oof petals that block the sharp flower center wreck the image for me. Getting higher to avoid that might have worked. The best thing about digital is that you are pretty much free to experiment with everything including different perspectives.