09-18-2011, 10:45 AM
This season's skimmer chicks
1DMIII 300 2.8 L w1.4x
ISO 320 f7.1 @1/3200belly shot hh
Removed distractive adult tail in bg selective sharpening
C&C Always Thanks

Karl Egressy
09-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Love the angle, eye contact, details and the cute factor, Chery.

Mitch Carucci
09-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Like the lighting. High tones hold up well.

M.

Randy Stout
09-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Cheryl:

Very cute, the right chick is especially engaging! Nice job of maintaing separation of the whites from the bright sand. Good low shooting angle.

As a very small thing, I might move my sig over to the left to better balance the weight of the right chick. I prefer a bit smaller, more subtle sig, but that is personal taste.

Cheers

Randy

Sidharth Kodikal
09-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Sweet image, Cheryl. High on cuteness factor. Two nice head angles, perfect comp and soft fg/bg. Very well done.
Are both catchlights natural?

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Sweet image, Cheryl. High on cuteness factor. Two nice head angles, perfect comp and soft fg/bg. Very well done.
Are both catchlights natural?

Ahhh Sidharth, got me on that one. I actually had to go back to the CRfile and see and no, one catchlight has been added. Care to share which one you think it may be? I actually just started adding them this year and I'm not sure if I'm doing ok or not. Thanks for the input everyone.

Sidharth Kodikal
09-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Ahhh Sidharth, got me on that one. I actually had to go back to the CRfile and see and no, one catchlight has been added. Care to share which one you think it may be? I actually just started adding them this year and I'm not sure if I'm doing ok or not. Thanks for the input everyone.

Ok, I'll hazard a guess :)
The one on the left?
Once again, sweet sweet image!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Man!!! You guessed right so now I ask, how and why would you say the left? My guess is that it is too big?

ramesh anantharaman
09-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Firstly they are so cute!!!!. As mentioned the exposure is spot on to differentiate the chicks.and sand. and i think the catch light works.

Paul Lagasi
09-18-2011, 02:33 PM
My kind of chick flick, sharp, low angle and as stated cute..well done

Melissa Groo
09-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Love this Cheryl. Adorable, with great techs. You are so great at getting low down too!

arash_hazeghi
09-18-2011, 04:37 PM
cute shot Cheryl!

Sid Garige
09-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Nice duo Cheryl. Very nice.

Daniel Cadieux
09-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Very cute. These little ones' bills are quite subdued compared to their parents'! The two poses go well together...and nice comp.

re: catchlights, maybe it's because of the resizing but perhaps it's because they look like perfect squares that got Sidharth to guess at least one of them was not natural. Good eye by Sid regardless the reason as I wouldn't have guessed it at all!!

Marina Scarr
09-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Love this duo. Catchlight on the left chick doesn't look quite right. If it were mine, I would consider adding a tad of yellow SAT to just the chicks.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Love this duo. Catchlight on the left chick doesn't look quite right. If it were mine, I would consider adding a tad of yellow SAT to just the chicks.

Thanks Marina. I'll check that idea out and look at that catchlight again as well.
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions

Sidharth Kodikal
09-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Man!!! You guessed right so now I ask, how and why would you say the left? My guess is that it is too big?

Hi Cheryl, the little guy on the right has some depth and dimension in his eye. The catchlight looks normal/natural there, where as the one on the left has a comparatively flat eye, without much depth, probably because of the light angle. A big, prominent catchlight there had me wondering.

Also, I stared at this wonderful image for a while; that may have something to do with it :)

Dumay de Boulle
09-18-2011, 11:38 PM
Lovely double and a great shooting angle...Nice complimentary colors all around

girisholeti
09-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Lovely image. Chicks are so cute. You have done a wonderful job in separating background, foreground and the chicks.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Hi Cheryl, the little guy on the right has some depth and dimension in his eye. The catchlight looks normal/natural there, where as the one on the left has a comparatively flat eye, without much depth, probably because of the light angle. A big, prominent catchlight there had me wondering.

Also, I stared at this wonderful image for a while; that may have something to do with it :)

Makes sense Sidharth Thanks for explaining that to me and for being so generous with the compliment as well :S3:
Thanks everyone else

Arthur Morris
09-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Killer juxtapositon image, good EXP, and nice and sharp. Ditto on the sig plus smaller.

Andrew McLachlan
09-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Beautiful capture and love the very low perspective.