PDA

View Full Version : Screening of my film - A Call in the Rainforest

Sabyasachi Patra
09-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Dear All,

I am holding a screening of my first film "A Call in the Rainforest" in Bangalore on 1st October. If anyone of you is planning to be in bangalore, India at that time then it would really nice to have you in the screening.

The film was completely shot with a Canon EOS 1D Mark IV. It is 18 and half minutes in duration. Shot in 1080p at 24p. The aim is to document the plight of the endangered and endemic Lion-tailed Macaques.

Two of India's senior conservation biologists will be speaking after the screening.

A one minute preview of the film can be found here. It is the opening sequence of the film. http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/inspiration-for-the-film-a-call-in-the-rainforest/

(http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/inspiration-for-the-film-a-call-in-the-rainforest/)
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

gail bisson
09-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Good luck or should I say break a leg!:S3:
Gail

Harshad Barve
09-17-2011, 12:13 AM
VWD Saby and best wishes
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
09-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Ha Ha Gail, you reminded me of something. I had broken my leg long time back. Never regained my confidence for daredevil biking after that. :D

Thanks Harshad! The idea is to raise awareness. There will be other screenings in smaller towns as well where folks will speak in the local language so that it percolates to the masses.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Charles Glatzer
09-18-2011, 04:02 PM
The intro piece looks wonderful, with the editing, narration, and content looking highly professional.

Congrats, I am sure the documentary will be well received.

Best,

Chas

Harshad Barve
09-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks Harshad! The idea is to raise awareness. There will be other screenings in smaller towns as well where folks will speak in the local language so that it percolates to the masses.

Will be my pleasure if you need some help in Aurangabad :S3:

Hilary Hann
09-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Good luck with this. Really hope I get to see the full version some time. I am intrigued to learn more.

Roger Clark
09-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Sabyasachi,

Really impressive. Congratulations!

Roger

James Shadle
09-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Sabyasachi,
WOW!
Are you doing the voice-over? Did you write the script and put together the music?
I'm very impressed and hope to see more when available.
James

Kaustubh Deshpande
09-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Congratulations. would love to see the full film. the intro is fabulous.

My only visit to Annamalai was in '91 and I was fortunate to witness a familiy of lion-tailed macaques in the Anaikundhi shola. Our whole group got good 10-15 minutes with them...very close as well. Its an experience I will never forget. It made the long trek from the top-slip campground well worth it. When we came out of the shola forest, each one of us had our shoes and socks full of leeches and blood. Not one person complained :-) Its one of my favorite forests in India.

Hats off for putting in the hard work and creating this one.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-20-2011, 02:51 AM
Dear All,
Thanks a lot for your encouraging comments. Getting nice comments from all the stalwarts here is makes me feel good.

Chas,
The music and editing was done by professionals. Rest all was done by me.

Harshad,
First doing the screening in Bangalore with talks by biologists. It will be followed by a screening in Chennai. Apart from these two metro cities, the plan is to do screenings in smaller towns in the three states - Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Will let you know when I plan something close to your "Den". :S3:

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sabyasachi Patra
09-20-2011, 02:59 AM
Sabyasachi,
WOW!
Are you doing the voice-over? Did you write the script and put together the music?
I'm very impressed and hope to see more when available.
James

James,

I did the voice-over myself. I also wrote the script. The music was done by a professional composer. He has scored music for South Indian (Tamil serials, films etc).

The sound of the Lion-tailed Macaque (Macaca silenus) calling is also recorded by me. Was kind of lucky to hear and record the call, as not many biologists have heard this call.

I will let you know when I release the full upload.

Kaustubh,
Good to hear about your experience. I had many leech bites (and I guess tick bites as well). Later on, I had a skin infection and the leech bites became big. It was a terrible time for a couple of months and had to be treated in the hospital with steroids.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Morkel Erasmus
09-20-2011, 05:46 AM
Preview looks really good Sabya! All the best with the screening...
When is your first "full-length" due?? :bg3:

Roman Kurywczak
09-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Congrats Sabya! I wish you the best of luck and looking forward to meeting you one day!

Sabyasachi Patra
09-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Morkel,

I am planning for my first full length to be ready in 2013. The research work is done. Waiting for the announcement of the film camera. This has become an all consuming passion. :(

Roman,
Its been nice interacting with you. Look forward to meeting you some day.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi