PDA

View Full Version : Dill

Anita Bower
09-15-2011, 05:43 AM
I've been using texture overlays on my images which has taken me to the OOTB forum, hence I haven't posted here in quite a while. :-(

For this image I used Color Efex Pro and Viveza, but no texture. I wonder if this is the place to post it or if I need to go to OOTB?

Nikon D300, 50mm lens, hand-held, outdoors early morning as sun was coming up,f1.8, 1/6400 (ISO ?). PP: Color Efex Pro "Low Key," Viveza, rotate, crop, clone, basic adjustment layers.

John Storjohann
09-15-2011, 06:06 AM
Anita, this is a beautiful image wherever it ends up. I love the gold and green tones...very warm, very inviting...and the delicately curved lines from the dill plant draw your eye right through the image. If it were mine I might smooth out the large circular highlights in the bottom of the image, and darken the highlights a bit in the ULC. The smaller circular highlight in/on the plant itself (dew drops?) I think actually add to the composition. Well done!

Arthur Morris
09-15-2011, 01:11 PM
I like the light and the color, everything but the four or five sharp edges of the specular highlights so do consider John's suggestion.

Anita Bower
09-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Thank you, John and Arthur. I have taken John's advice. As always, this is how I learn.

Steve Maxson
09-15-2011, 07:47 PM
It's good to see you back here, Anita. I haven't used either of the programs you mention so I can't comment on them, but I think your image works fine in this forum. I love all the golden tones throughout the image and the slight diagonal of your subject works well. I also like John and Artie's suggestions about the edges of the specular highlights as they do draw my eye. Very creative, as usual. :S3:

Anita Bower
09-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks, Steve.

Brendan Dozier
09-16-2011, 02:46 AM
I really like this, Anita, very nicely composed, has a nice gentle, earthy warmth to it. I'll be the odd one out and say that I like the larger circular highlights, kind of adds to the light play of image, my eye explores around image but not distracted. Well done!

Jonathan Ashton
09-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Very nice shot Anita - I would also like to see it without the filters.