PDA

View Full Version : In the Rain II.

Karl Egressy
09-15-2011, 05:31 AM
I posted a picture of this guy in heavy rain a few days back. This time it is still raining but much lighter. (You can see it in the green)
I wonder about the composition. I was torn between putting it to the left or as presented.
Thanks for looking. Next time it will fly or showing the legs, no rain.:S3:

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Manual Exposure
Tv 1/320
Av 5.6
ISO 400
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM

Joe Senzatimore
09-15-2011, 06:27 AM
I think it would work well moving it to the left , but I like it as is. This comp. creates a sence of mystery as it makes one wonder what it is looking at. Either way , I might try to punch it up a bit. It seems a bit bright , probably due to the flat light conditions in the rain.

Arthur Morris
09-15-2011, 06:49 AM
With the lump of mud in front of the bird I believe that this is the best composition.

Stu Bowie
09-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Lovely perspective Karl, and I do like the head turn. You have captured good detail on the eagle, and I like the varied BG. Comp wise, maybe cropping off just to the left of the mud clump, and then adding a bit to the RHS. :w3

Yves Guillot
09-15-2011, 04:10 PM
I like it as is. Seems to be a one year old guy according to the color at the base of the beak and the color of the eye.

James Salywoda
09-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Awesome Shot! I love the low angle and the stellar pose.

Josh Clark
09-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Great head turn Karl. Only assume this was taken at Conneaut. If so, you sure are having a field day with those juvy Bald Eagles there! :S3:
This one, great low profile shot and love the head turn.

Karl Egressy
09-16-2011, 05:17 AM
Great head turn Karl. Only assume this was taken at Conneaut. If so, you sure are having a field day with those juvy Bald Eagles there! :S3:
This one, great low profile shot and love the head turn.

Thanks Josh.Yes, it is also from Conneaut. It's a great place. I haven't been out lately.
The weather turned cold and windy so I cancelled my camping trip.