PDA

View Full Version : Stained Grass Revisited

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
09-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Greetings. Posted this one a few weeks ago (here (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/88274)) to suggestions to try out Topaz Simplify... so I did (+ some tinkering with curves & such)...

and voila it fits the theme :w3...

Thanks for looking...

Cheers,

-Michael-

Jay Sheinfield
09-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi Michael, I really dig how TOPAZ treats these kind of images. I had one not too long ago of a grassy scene that Simplify did this stained glass look on. Really like the colors and sheer energy of the image, There is so much to look at. I think you did a bang up experimenting with Simplify.
The only thing that catches my eye are the bright blue squares, top center, and the tiny bright green one ULC, that I might blend in a bit, or tone down. But, I could make a case for great as is.............your call. Nice!

Paul Lagasi
09-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Michael, I really like the effect and composition you've created here.....so much color, intersecting lines..everywhere you look you see something different...nice work

Bob Miller
09-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Michael.....Looks good to me....unique abstract.....I like the blue at the top...wish there more.....reminiscent of the sky

Cheryl Slechta
09-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Hey, Michael, I love the way Simplify does that stained glass look. I like the colors at the top also and would like a little cropped off the bottom (to right at the base of the V-shaped bush on the left) and maybe a crop from the left eliminating the space without red branches (but that's just my opinion - I like it the way it is also:S3:)

John Storjohann
09-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Michael, I'm late to the party but this is a strong image...nicely done. I find the top 2/3 to be even stronger alone; I'd be tempted to crop about 1/3 from the bottom and make a semi-pano of it; I agree with Jay, I might tone down that lone blue bright spot. Great eye!

Kerry Perkins
09-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Hi Michael, nice use of the Topaz filter. They are my favorites. It is really cool how the filter fills in the spaces between the stems and leaves with solid colors. Love those colors too, in fact! I agree to the idea of cropping from the bottom. I would crop just enough to eliminate the green bits at the bottom of the image. I don't mind the brighter blue areas at the top, I find them interesting and they don't hold my eye for that long, just for a bit and then my eye wanders around the image in a certain rhythm that I find appealing. Good job!

denise ippolito
09-15-2011, 07:30 AM
Michael, I really like the stained glass look that the filter added to this image. All good suggestions above. I'm so glad you gave this image a try. Nicely done.:S3:

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
09-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Jay, Paul, Bob, Cheryl, John, Kerry, Denise,

Thanks much for the comments especially the crop suggestions (couldn't quite see it)... I'll be looking for opportunities for this type of shot in the future.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Anita Bower
09-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Wonderful image. Love the colors and the simplified shapes. Excellent use of filter. I like it just as it is.

Arthur Morris
09-15-2011, 06:55 PM
This is quite luscious. I love the colors and patterns. And the framing.