PDA

View Full Version : Borders are only Manmade!

Bibhav Behera
09-14-2011, 03:48 AM
This was shot in Coorg in the State of Karnataka in India.

Comments and critiques welcome
Canon 1000D, 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

SS 1/250 (-1/3EC)
f/10
ISO 200
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5571&stc=1&d=1290412169

Robert Amoruso
09-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Bibhav,

Nicely visualized image. I like that you used the atmospheric affects to impact depth in the image through layering of the hills FG to BG. Images like this can be low in contrast as this on is so i suggest expanding dynamic range use a Levels correction and increasing contrast using a Curves adjustment. In curves you can darken the FG and lighten the BG using an s-curve.

I would have preferred not to have the white cloud in the upper right corner - brightness of it grabs attention too much.

I am debating on the bottom that including a bit more of the hill with the fence would strengthen the image. Hard for me to judge w/o seeing both versions. As presented I like it just fine. In the FG on the closest hill is a bush. I would have preferred to seen that placed more left in the frame. All small tweaks in composition to be sure but something to think about next time you are out. In a landscape image, examine how all the elements in it fit together to tell you story.

Thanks for posting.

Arthur Morris
09-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Bibhav, This did not have much impact for me so I played....

ps: Your file was tiny but image quality looked at least OK.