PDA

View Full Version : Harvey

Oscar Zangroniz
04-01-2008, 05:00 PM
This guy was posing for a few of us at the Key Largo bird sanctuary, and one of the volunteer said his name is Harvey. Image has not been cropped and I know I cut it to close behind his head.

Nikon D100
Nikon 18-200 vr
Focal length: 200mm
Exposure Mode: aperture priority
F/5.6
1/400
ISO: 400
Exposure Comp: 0ev

Thank you all for your critiques.
Regards

Alfred Forns
04-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi Oscar Nice meeting Harvey !!!!

Just a little more room behind the head as you mentioned would be good I do like the crop The HAP will get you for this one A bit more turn would have been in order. Remember also before setting up look at the bg Before even raising the camera check what type bg you have and what focal length.

There is a light area running through his head and a dark stick doing the same They both tend to detract form the image Its all the sum of its parts !!!! btw good PS work on this one !!!

If you get back to the Sanctuary do go after the pelicans flying back. Normally you have a E SE wind in the morning which will produce good flight !!!!

Harold Davis
04-01-2008, 06:04 PM
i ditto exactly what alfred said!! we must go to this bird sanctuary one day. i love the big goofy pelicans!!!

take care!!

Gus Cobos
04-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Hey Oscar,
Like your image, just eeds more space to the left of the frame so that the head is not cliped. also his head needs to be turned, looking at you...:D