PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Vulture

John Harper
04-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi There

Another shot from HCT as I try to post pictures of all the species of birds that they fly in display, this one is of a Turkey Vulture, which I believe is quite common to our American cousins.

Not the most attractive of birds but I like the shot.

John

EOS 1DMKIII
EF 500 F4L
ISO 640
1/2500 @ F5.6

Paul Pagano
04-01-2008, 05:48 PM
I do like this shot. And you got it looking back at you..nice. I wish for maybe a bit more space in front of the bird (but not a whole lot)

James Salywoda
04-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Super shot john I love it great look back pose.

Lana Hays
04-02-2008, 03:52 AM
John
Another terrific pose.....love the complete view of the top side and the eye contact. I agree....not the best looking bird.....but hey....he's a vulture. Well done.

Robert Amoruso
04-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Excellent work John. Works all the way around. It would seem that this image should be in the wild and free avian forum.

John Harper
04-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Excellent work John. Works all the way around. It would seem that this image should be in the wild and free avian forum.

Hi Robert

Pretty much all of my shots are of captive birds at the Hawk Conservancy Trust, so although maybe no direct Hand of man Elements visible in the shot the birds are captive. So thats why I post them in this forum.

John

Robert Amoruso
04-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Hi Robert

Pretty much all of my shots are of captive birds at the Hawk Conservancy Trust, so although maybe no direct Hand of man Elements visible in the shot the birds are captive. So thats why I post them in this forum.

John

Then you are in the right forum John. I guess I am so used to seeing them here I don't even consider that they might be captive. That doesn't change the fact its a real nice image.

Gus Cobos
04-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Excellent capture John, great detail on the wings, and very nice banking angle...:D