PDA

View Full Version : Mirror image of the straws.

Geir Jensen
09-13-2011, 02:26 PM
The image is from Norway.

Jay Gould
09-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Geir, very interesting. What are the shooting details?

Geir Jensen
09-14-2011, 02:34 AM
Sorry, I forgot to send the data: EOS 1 D MK III , 500mmL F4 IS, F4,0 , ISO 100, 1/200 , bean bag.
Regards Geir Jensen

Harshad Barve
09-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Excellent image , great reflections , VWD
TFS

Arthur Morris
09-15-2011, 12:11 PM
I like the base image; what are the shooting straws??? (Sorry to be unfamiliar with them...)

Geir Jensen
09-15-2011, 01:20 PM
Sorry my English. Maybe it's called withered grass. Photo taken on a cold winter day in November. The frosty mist in the background.
Regards Geir Jensen

Arthur Morris
09-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Are these two images combined??? I am trying to figure out how some of the grass is growing behind the mountain....

Geir Jensen
09-15-2011, 02:01 PM
This is a single image. no cloning, no manipulation. The front of the lens is slightly down in the water. So the grass you see is on other side of the mountain.

Arthur Morris
09-15-2011, 02:20 PM
This is a single image. no cloning, no manipulation. The front of the lens is slightly down in the water. So the grass you see is on other side of the mountain.

I am trying to understand; are the "mountains" actually small rocks?

Geir Jensen
09-15-2011, 02:46 PM
The lowest you see on the left side of the grass is about 10cm high. This is very small islets. I am poor in English, so I use the Google translator. It plays a trick on me now and then ..............
Best regards from Geir Jensen

Arthur Morris
09-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Thanks Geir, I think I understand it now. I like everything about it but: you should have moved back a bit so that you did not cut the grass with the frame edges top and bottom. Also tight on the right.

Ed Cordes
09-15-2011, 09:53 PM
I think the image is stunning! It would be better if the grass were not cut off on the bottom, but I still love the image. I also must admit I also thought the rocks were mountains.

dankearl
09-15-2011, 10:03 PM
I like the image a lot, Geir.
I am not sure what is going on with the grass and the mountains and that is
what I like about it.
Really interesting.

Robert Amoruso
09-16-2011, 07:38 AM
I have been looking at this one since posted and deciding on how I wanted to critique. My first observation was that more room was needed top and bottom and right to give the grass room so it was not clipped or cramped in the frame.

But I was feeling the left side of the frame was weak (to light in weight in comparison to the left side with more grass). Cropping out the left only gives you a too narrow vertical image. Without the additional room on the right, cropping on the left does not work.

I am also finding the bright part of the rocks on the left too bright as it continues to draw my eye. I would suggest a selective reduction in contrast on those areas.

All in all I feel a nicely visualized image that required additional fine tuning of the composition at the time of creation.

Morkel Erasmus
09-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Well seen Geir...I agree with Artie on the image's 'tightness' on top and right, and with Robert on the left side being a weak point. I would have loved some of the lit grass on the left as well. :S3: