PDA

View Full Version : Spoonbill with nest material

Adams Serra
04-01-2008, 04:37 PM
I took this picture at Gatorland last saturday.I had the pleasure of meeting Mike Godwin, Sid Garige and Robert Amoruso.

Canon MKIII
500mm
1/1250
F 6.3
Iso 400
Manual

All comments are appreciated

Maxis Gamez
04-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Love the vivid colors Adam. Very sharp.

Keep them coming!

Fabs Forns
04-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Very nice, Adam. Hope to be there soon :)

Arthur Morris
04-01-2008, 06:34 PM
The bird's head is turned slightly away and there is an extremely distracting white item in the BKGR at the end of the stick. Otherwise as above. Also--and correct me if I am wroong--the light appears to be from behind the subject...

later and love, artie

Adams Serra
04-01-2008, 07:52 PM
The bird's head is turned slightly away and there is an extremely distracting white item in the BKGR at the end of the stick. Otherwise as above. Also--and correct me if I am wroong--the light appears to be from behind the subject...

later and love, artie
You are correct sr. the light was coming from behind, i have a similar picture with the bird flying in to the light to get some more nest material.The white spot is either a snowy or a catle egret i will clone it out.

Thank you,
Adams Serra

Daniel Cadieux
04-01-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm glad you mentioned that white spot will disappear :-) I like the light splashing across the Spoonbill's back.

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Love the wing span in this image and the fanned tail. The stick is a wonderful bonus. Nits have been covered but your timing was great Adam and I would love to have this ikn my files.

Harold Davis
04-02-2008, 05:06 AM
awesome capture, adams!!

Arthur Morris
04-02-2008, 06:12 AM
I thought that the white thing might have been a Queen Anne's Lace Blossom. Using Quick Masking tehcniques would be 1000 times better than using the clone stamp to get rid of it, whatever it is <smile>

The basics of using QMs is covered in Digital Basics while Robert O'Toole's APTATS covers bth basic and advanced techniques. later and love, artie

Sid Garige
04-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Using Quick Masking tehcniques would be 1000 times better than using the clone stamp to get rid of it, whatever it is <smile>

God bless quick mask:D

Mike Godwin
04-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Hello Adams... it was a pleasure meeting you this past weekend. What a great shot of Rosie in flight, and that white spot is definitely a bird, probably a great Egret on nest. With as many nesting birds as we have, it's kind of hard not to get one in the frame! One of these days I'll have to learn Photoshop better... I've never used Quick Mask, but do agree that the shot would look much better without the white spot in the background.

Mike Godwin
Gatorland