PDA

View Full Version : Lonely Planet

Harshad Barve
09-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Dear All

Ngorongoro Crater ,
Can't wait till May :S3: Have been there twice and still feel I need to go there many times.
Place to have sundowner on crater rim and amazing wild-life inside the caldera

Our group will be in there in May , Already not many places left

D3, 200-400/F4 at f7.1 . 1/800 , 220mm, ISO 800
All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Dumay de Boulle
09-13-2011, 04:42 AM
I like the idea...Dont know too much about landscape photography so I cant comment....My dream to get there one day!:S3:

Robert Amoruso
09-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Good use of layering Harshad to depict depth in the image. The dark FG with the silhouetted animal giving way to the sunlight BG provides for a dramatic affect. The low lying clouds top off the layered affect. I like the crop and feel you captured just the right amounts of dark FG and bright low clouds. Well done.

Rachel Hollander
09-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Harshad - reminds me of one of Morkel's (I think it may even be his BBC shot from last year). Nicely seen and composed. The layers work well for this animalscape. Only nit would be maybe a bit of cw rotation.

TFS,
Rachel

DanWalters
09-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Love the dark foreground and the wildebeest on the right side. Nice clouds as well, adds a lot of mood to the image.

Marina Scarr
09-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Love the feel of this one. The clouds and the perfect placement of the animal really add to depicting the vastness of this scene/location. Great title too!

Stu Bowie
09-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Bhai, just love the light on the distant hills, and how you have exposed the FG. The wildebeest silhouette works for me. Another vote for wanting to be there.

Pieter de Waal
09-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Harshad , love it for all the reasons mentioned above. The Wildebeest silhouette is the clincher. Well done.

Hilary Hann
09-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Well seen Harshad, many would have missed this lone wildebeest in the expanse.

Morkel Erasmus
09-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Good use of layering Harshad to depict depth in the image. The dark FG with the silhouetted animal giving way to the sunlight BG provides for a dramatic affect. The low lying clouds top off the layered affect. I like the crop and feel you captured just the right amounts of dark FG and bright low clouds. Well done.

Nothing to add to this comment...exactly why I like it! Dramatic lighting, poignant mood...love it! :cheers: