PDA

View Full Version : Theme Black Oystercatcher

Nancy Bell
09-12-2011, 08:29 AM
I didn't have any help from the sun this day as it was misty with flat light. But I was very glad to find a family of Black Oystercatchers feeding 2 large youngsters on the beach and not too many families of people running around! Photographed in central coastal Oregon, mid August.

Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon 400 DO f4, 1/640, f9, exp. comp. +1, ISO 400, tripod

All c & c most appreciated.

Jeff Parker
09-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Cool looking bird, love that eye. I would suggest getting down and dirty so you are more at the birds level. That will help your background as well.

Aidan Briggs
09-12-2011, 09:20 PM
It is always nice to see Black Oystercatchers on the beach. The interaction here is great. Another vote for getting low, and I might try adding black to the nuetrals in selective color to give the image a little more pop.

Looking forward to more images!

Arthur Morris
09-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Nice interaction. It looks as this was a big underexposure that was lightened too much....

Herb Houghton
09-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Nice behavior shot. I agree on the lower angle and the blacks could use some contrast.

Nancy Bell
09-13-2011, 08:21 AM
I tried to get low but sometimes the knees complain too much:e3. Adding more black for contrast is a good idea. I really did not change the exposure too much for this posting but I also felt the birds were flat looking. Thanks all for the good advice!