PDA

View Full Version : Peregrine Fledgling

Richard Mc Donald
09-12-2011, 03:57 AM
Taking a short break from flying lessons whilst keeping an eye on mum.

1D MK IV
800L f/5.6
ISO 200
f/ 5.6
1/1000
Subject distance : 19.0 m
33% crop
Hand held

Emily Norman
09-12-2011, 11:19 AM
What a beauty! The exposure and the pose are really fantastic here - love that you caught him with his mouth open. Excellent shot.

Gary Esman
09-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Richard, like the open beak, and pose. exposure looks good, nice blue background and perch. Might want to crop a little from the right and give a little more room on the left. Most of the time it is a good idea not to center the subject. TFS

Gary.

John Chardine
09-13-2011, 06:33 AM
Agree, a beauty. Nice light, very sharp. Nice simple lines and design. I would crop to bring the bird more to the right in the frame, although I see the logic of this crop with the fork in the perch being so prominent.

Jeff Cashdollar
09-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Richard - agree with comments above, rule of thirds will probably make the image stronger. I really like this one. Pose shows strength and focus - sweet. Thanks for including distance too, wish more would do it. Very strong picture, simple and beautiful with a perfect background - well done.

Marina Scarr
09-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Lovely pose captured on this falcon!!! I think it would be more powerful if not centered, however, since the fork in the perch is quite powerful. It might be helpful to you, as it was to me, to visit the educational forum and read the thread by James Shadle on rules of thirds. It truly helps in terms of determing composition.

Kerry Perkins
09-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Richard, excellent capture! Hand-holding the 800? Dude! :cheers: I really like this a lot. I do agree that moving the bird to the right would be nice, but the image rocks in my opinion. Excellent job with the ginormous glass!

Richard Mc Donald
09-14-2011, 06:01 AM
Thanks everyone for the great feedback, at last I got one right.

Ahh yes, the rules of thirds, I do know about them but you know what they say about rules!

Cheers Kerry, hand holding the lens is the ONLY way you're going to get any half decent shots of this particular family, not only do I have to contend with their speed but the cliff top is covered in trees so useing a tripod/monopod is going to produce far less shots that what I can already manage.

Richard