PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Lotus

Judy Howle
09-11-2011, 10:45 PM
This lotus pad was next to the bank under some trees, hence the reflections of sky and trees in the water. Topaz Adjust.

I had to crop it close on the right because of the bank so I just made it pretty even all around with a bit more on the bottom.

denise ippolito
09-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Judy, This one reminds me of stained glass! Neat:S3:

John Storjohann
09-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Judy, the background is what makes this shot special for me...I love the play of shadows and reflections over the dark blue of the water. It reminds me of when, as a child, I'd squeeze out drops of water color paint into water to watch the shapes they'd form. Very cool.

Judy Howle
09-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks Denise and John! Yes the colors and shadows on the water definitely make the image. I forgot to add that I brushed on a little vignette on the left so it would better match the right.

Indranil Sircar
09-13-2011, 06:12 AM
Another wonderful lotus image, Judy. I agree, it's the combination of the bg with the pad, that makes this image. Nicely done.

Maureen Allen
09-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I really like this, Judy. The colors are lovely, but not overwhelming. The simplicity of the composition and the reflection of surrounding vegetation are very nice. :S3: