PDA

View Full Version : A Softer Look

John Storjohann
09-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Decided to try something a little different yesterday...180mm macro w/1.4 TC attached, f/32@1/8. I had one of my less lucid moments in the field and had the ISO at 100...lesson learned. :e3 RAW image processed in LR; brought it into PS and did some f/32 dust bunny clean-up and some tone and color adjustment. Burned the corners a bit. I was intentionally going for a softer look...hoping it worked!

Nancy Bell
09-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Lovely lines but I'm not sure about the heavier patches of yellow & the blurred lower right corner.

John Storjohann
09-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Thank you for your comments, Nancy...I was specifically going for an image that only had a small focal point in focus...a softer style...I don't think it worked in this instance, or maybe it's just not something for the Macro & Flora section...live and learn!

Steve Maxson
09-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi John. No problem at all with softer style images in this forum.:S3: I like the glow of the yellow petals and the sharp central sepal makes a nice focal point for my eye to keep coming back to. I also like the lines radiating out from the corner. Nicely seen and executed!

Anita Bower
09-15-2011, 06:35 AM
Wonderful composition, John. The lines radiating softly from the LLC, with some curves, are lovely. The pointy petals are a nice contrast to the soft lines going out of the frame. Pleasing colors. The bg seems to blend into the foreground at some places--not sure why. Keep trying with this type of image. This is the right forum for it!

Arthur Morris
09-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Healthy crops from the top and the right would put more emphasis on the red and purple stuff; I think that that would result in a stronger image.

John Storjohann
09-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions...going back to the drawing board on this one...your suggestions have helped a lot!