PDA

View Full Version : Patchwork Pads

Judy Howle
09-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Another Topaz Adjust image using the same preset as several of the others.

John Storjohann
09-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Judy, there's an explosion of color and lines in this image...you handled the composition and processing nicely. I like the contrast of the still somewhat green pads with those that are a rusty red; I like the curl of the two pads on the LHS...if it were mine, I might crop the top to almost the edge of the bit of green pad in the ULC and then evict the rest, leaving the rust colored pad as a compositional focus point...but that's a matter of personal taste. Nicely done...probably my favorite to date! :cheers:

Fred Canter
09-11-2011, 04:56 PM
I like all the colors and all the distinction between the color and the various lines. I can see John's point on the crop but wonder if the rust colored pad could be extended to the edge instead of cropping. Might be a tough item to clone though.

Cheryl Slechta
09-11-2011, 06:20 PM
This is another really nice one, Judy. I think I agree with a little off the top - the most interesting parts of the image to me are the left side up to the green leaf at the top and the lower left side. :S3:

denise ippolito
09-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Judy, The colors and the texture are wonderful. Just palting around with crops and this one caught my eye. Not that I am saying you have to crop yours, just showing some options. You really have worked these images and have shown some very unique looks. I don't think I will ever look at lotus pads the same way.:S3:

Arthur Morris
09-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Love both versions, esp. the color combo.

Andrew McLachlan
09-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi Judy, love the colors in this one also. This series of pads has been quite lovely. Love 'em all!

Judy Howle
09-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Thanks everyone! I like your crop Denise. It includes the strongest elements of the image and gets rid of less desirable parts. Too bad I can't go out in the water and arrange them the way I'd like them to be like I did the frozen leaves last winter!:bg3: