PDA

View Full Version : Polar bear

Charles Glatzer
09-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Polar bear

I have been to Churchill the past 8 years now and I can tell you it is amazing to be on the ground within close proximity to these bears. I have learned much on this trip about polar bear behavior. They are not the blood thirsty carnivore, stalking and eating every living thing on the tundra predator we all here about.
I now have images of these bears eating crow berries, their bottoms, muzzle, and forepaws stained blue from feeding in the patches. A sight to behold for sure. Look for a future post.

I am looking forward to returning to the Arctic for 3 weeks starting in mid Oct. Many more trips are already in the works for next year, including speciality workshops for caribou and musk ox. Stay tuned, wink!

FYI- the Northern lights have been spectacular!!!!

1D Mark IV, 500mm
Manual, 1/800 @ f/8, ISO 400
Post-production- 15in MBP, LR3, CS5, NIK

See you where there is light, or at the computer

Chas

Sid Garige
09-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Unique image of Polar bear. You continue to amaze us with your polar bear images Chas. Looking forward to seeing more.

Morkel Erasmus
09-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Love the pose and the layered multi-coloured background Chas. Perfect exposure too.
Where is "Churchill"? :S3:

Marina Scarr
09-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Amazing light and sharpness here, Chas. I like the multi-layered BG giving us all of that habitat info.

Andrew Merwin
09-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Wow, another great image. I like the pose. The exposure is right-on. It is neat to see PBs out of their normal element. TFS & I look forward to more images, especially the ones with blue on the bear.

Harshad Barve
09-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Unique image of Polar bear. You continue to amaze us with your polar bear images Chas.

What I can say is , MAN YOU ARE JUST TOO MUCH
TFS

Charles Glatzer
09-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Love the pose and the layered multi-coloured background Chas. Perfect exposure too.
Where is "Churchill"? :S3:

Morkel,

Churchill is located in Manitoba, Canada on the shore of Hudson bay. The images I am posting are from a location further up the coast.

Chas

Morkel Erasmus
09-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Morkel,

Churchill is located in Manitoba, Canada on the shore of Hudson bay. The images I am posting are from a location further up the coast.

Chas

Thanks Chas...will have to go look for it on Google maps :S3:

ramesh anantharaman
09-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Just a brilliant shot. love the exposure and the contrasts here. the whites on the bear have come out really well.

DanWalters
09-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Really like the vertical comp with the rocks and grasses in the background. Really portrays their environment.

Robert Amoruso
09-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Amazing light and sharpness here, Chas. I like the multi-layered BG giving us all of that habitat info.

I agree with Marina.