Aperture F/5.6
ISO 800
Lens 600MM+1.4x converter L IS USM
Camera body 1D Mark II N
On tripod
C&C welcome

Daniel Cadieux
09-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Another nice bird - you've been showing us some beautiful speices. Good colours, clean BG. I like the vertical comp but find it tight IMO. Perch a bit thick, and the HA could be better (more towards us). Thanks for sharing!

Kaustubh Deshpande
09-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Ram, agree with Daniel. I know how hard it is to photograph this species. Well done on getting it against such smooth BG. They like to lurk in dark corners of our thick forest. I think it needs a little more exposure.

RAM MALLYA
09-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanx Daniel watch out for more forest birds uploads in the coming week . I had taken all the pics in march and april 2011 had not time to work on em so uploading now.

Kaustubh hope you know where Dandeli in India is all the forest and song birds that i have uploaded are from there . Yes it is difficult getting these birds in the open and such BG .

Kaustubh Deshpande
09-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Ram, I've been to Dandeli a few times....pre-photography days of course. great place but tough one to photograph birds.

Kurt Bowman
09-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Nice color on the bird. The large perch doesn't really bother me much, but I would wish for a unit different angle and a bit more head turn.

Richard Stern
09-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi Ram,

It's a neat-looking bird and one I'm not familiar with, and the first thing that struck me when I saw this image was that it's a bit dark overall, and the perch is a bit overwhelming and hiding a lot of the tail. I agree that the head angle isn't perfect, but I only noticed that afterwards and I'm not bothered by it as much. I gather that this was taken in a forest, so it must indeed have been tough to photograph. So well done.

Richard

Arthur Morris
09-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Sharp, nice EXP and BKGR. The much too large for the bird perch does bother me as does the head angle.

Craig Brelsford
09-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Shamas range into China, and I know how tough they can be to photograph. It's therefore easier to overlook the large perch and less than ideal head angle.

RakeshDhareshwar
09-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Lovely image of the difficult to get Shama ( esp in the open ) . The perch is a bit too thick ...not something you could have controlled .:w3