PDA

View Full Version : Tie Dyed

dankearl
09-08-2011, 09:27 PM
A big crop and the last of my Dahlia experiment.
I have learned a lot from the critiques about a genre I have not done much.
This is a big crop to isolate a flower as much as I could, and I don't think the IQ
suffered that much. 20% of original. Gotta love the 70-200 Nikon lens at large apertures!

Again the BG is natural, just acres of Dahlias.

1/400
f3.5
200mm (70-200 w/ CP)
ISO 100
Handheld

DSC_1113_2nx.jpg (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=100103&stc=1&d=1315535041)

Steve Maxson
09-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi Dan. Beautiful colors and an outstanding background! I also like the comp and you did a good job getting both the flower and bud in sharp focus. The light is rather harsh - if it was softer, this image would be over the top. Using a diffusion screen in the field can make a big difference in these situations. Nevertheless, this is very well done.

Norm Dulak
09-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Nice Dan.

You have an interesting subject here that is well composed, and very pleasing.

If it were mine, I would crop off a bit on the right; just enough to eliminate the green orb at the LRC, the color of which IMO is a little inconsistent with the rest of the image. I would also clone out the white spots that are in the flower. Finally, I would investigate reducing the overall saturation somewhat, to see what effect that might have. Toning the image down just a little might be good.

But there is much to like here!