PDA

View Full Version : My favourite Cat

ramesh anantharaman
09-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Canon EOS ID Mark IV
Canon 500mm L IS

500mm, 1/500, f/10, ISo 800

The moment I saw my first cheetah hunt,it completely won me over and has by far become my favorite cat. This was shot from a car adjacent to Harshad's hence the similarity of image. The golden light of the evening was mind blowing and was falling from right behind us. C & C welcome. I placed it in the frame so that there is pace on both the side it was facing and the side its head turned. I hope the compo works. Please do let me know.

BenBotha
09-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Lovely light. I like the the eyes. I would have taken a little away at the back of the cheetah.

Ben

Pieter de Waal
09-08-2011, 02:59 PM
I can see why it is your favourite , a beautiful specimen with nice detail and lovely light. Also like the BG.

Brendon Cremer
09-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Fantastic light and image very well captured:w3

Morkel Erasmus
09-08-2011, 04:05 PM
They are wonderful cats...pity they get trampled on so easily by the others...but you can imagine they are hesitant to fight for their food and territory with larger cats since any injury could be lethal as it can debilitate their ability to hunt and eat.

I love the light - it also hits his eyes just right so the amber glows...:5
I do think you could shave some off the RHS as the direction of his gaze is more telling to me than his body posture...thus the majority of 'dead space' needs to be on the LHS...:w3

Rachel Hollander
09-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I like them too. Beautiful light and the eyes are great. I agree with Morkel on the suggested crop.

TFS,
Rachel

Harshad Barve
09-09-2011, 07:09 AM
One super shot Ramesha , excellent details and light here
TFS

Stu Bowie
09-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Ramesh, brilliant IQ and colours in this, and love the light on the eyes. I agree with Morkel regarding the comp. Print this big. :w3