PDA

View Full Version : In love with a tulip

Grahame Hamblin
09-08-2011, 02:58 AM
D300 100mm macro iso 200 f2 1/4000 manual wonder if the pink bottom left should be darkened is it distracting
Grahame

John Storjohann
09-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Hi Grahame;

There's a lot to like about this image; the fine details in the white petals (not always easy to do!), the slight diagonal through the image, the framing of the center petal by the shadow...nicely done! To me, the color in the LLC is less distracting than the bright, circular highlights in the URC; if it were mine, I'd take the time to clone those out...add just a little bit of canvas to the RHS...and maybe darken the color in the LLC a smidge. I hope to see more from you!

Daniel Cadieux
09-08-2011, 09:23 PM
John has stolen the words out of my mouth (especially the pink colour vs circular highlights "distractions"). Love the shadows within the tulip, very neat.

Steve Maxson
09-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi Grahame. John has nailed the critique so I don't have much new to add. You might want to do some NR on the background and I'm wondering if the whole image could be a little brighter? I think a few tweaks will take this strong image up a couple notches. :S3: