PDA

View Full Version : First FotoSketcher from me

Mark Fuge
09-07-2011, 07:24 AM
This is a first attempt with FotoSketcher. Tried it before,but never spent time to try to do it right. This time decided to give it thetime needed to make something interesting … I hope! :w3 Another rendering of a prior image submitted that was taken at the local butterfly house.

Modifications in CS4, Topaz and FotoSketcher included;FotoSketcher, Selective Color, Dry Brush, Sepia Filter, Topaz Adjust, CanvasTexture, along with other standard PS adjustments.

Enjoy!

Anita Bower
09-07-2011, 08:46 AM
You achieved some nice soft tones. I like the stamens reaching up and out. Interesting textures. Is there a way to lighten and soften the rather solid dark shape in lower right quarter of image to make it blend in better with the other lovely areas?

denise ippolito
09-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Mark, Nice soft sketchy colors. I think Anita makes a good suggestion.

Jay Sheinfield
09-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Pretty image. I really like the coloring of this. Must try Fotosketcher! Another vote for Anita's suggestion. Well framed!

John Storjohann
09-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi Mark;

I'll be the third to echo Anita's suggestion for what is already a strong image...I like the texturing, the unique approach to color, and the myriad of diagonal lines flowing through the center of the image...nicely done! I may need to take a look at Fotosketcher!

Brendan Dozier
09-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Nice work on this, Mark, like the color tones and your fotosketcher treatment really gives it a nice texture.

Mark Fuge
09-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Still not a big fan of FotoSketcher, but it has its place. Need to take the time to learn it however, as the options take practice and patients.

Cheryl Slechta
09-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Mark, I really like this. The bg looks like marble and I like the textures and toning a lot.:S3:

Mark Fuge
09-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Thank you Cheryl for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.