PDA

View Full Version : Still Life: Apples & Grapes

Brendan Dozier
09-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Incorporated suggestions offered from my previous thread - again trying for the still life painting look from long ago. Base image shot in morning with natural window light. Used similar treatment with Topaz Simplify, Detail, PB Oil, blended in two textures, then some burn to darken and create some vignette.

John Storjohann
09-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Brendan, this is so good...great job arranging the various elements on the plate...beautiful lighting...the shadows add a lot of depth...my only comment is I find myself wanting a bit more on the RHS...the rest of the plate and maybe a little bit of space...this is so good. Looking forward to seeing more!

Indranil Sircar
09-06-2011, 09:33 PM
This is outstanding, Brendan! Colorful and very much in the style of Paul Cezanne. The filter effects are awesome. Excellent work.

John Storjohann
09-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Brendan, I must have been brain dead when I replied....I was on my laptop and didn't see the scroll bar at the bottom of the image...RHS of the plate IS there...it's beautifully composed...scratch my previous comment and replace it with a :cheers:!

denise ippolito
09-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Brendan, Great job on this one. I like the arrangement and the processing looks awesome. The slightly muted colors add nicely to the image.:S3:

Anita Bower
09-07-2011, 08:51 AM
I think still life's are challenging. Nice job here. Lovely light. I like the simplicity.

Roman Kurywczak
09-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Another winner Brendan!!! Great arrangement and the filtering is outstanding!

Jay Sheinfield
09-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Love the soft directional lighting/shadows on this, Brendan. Nice job on the comp!

Maureen Allen
09-07-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm loving these still life images, Brendan! The lighting is perfect and the arrangement is making me want some fruit :bg3:

Brendan Dozier
09-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Thanks John, and no worries, I've done the same thing before, when commenting on other threads! Your comments are always very helpful, and you have a good eye for knowing what is needed.

Maureen - I found that I was munching away my subject matter during the shoot!

Andrew McLachlan
09-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Hey Brendan, beautiful work! you have placed the elements in the photo in the perfect positions. Very lovely work! :5

Cheryl Slechta
09-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Brendan, this is so well done! I like the composition and the filters you chose turned this into a wonderful painting. The lighting is superb - well thought out and executed:S3:

Brendan Dozier
09-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks Andrew & Cheryl!