PDA

View Full Version : Ripples

Indranil Sircar
09-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Here is my image for this weeks theme... I took this image of the Common Goldeneye in early morning light as it emerged out of the water trying to swallow a clam. The concentric circles created in water seems parabola from a different perspective. For processing, I used fractalius in a different layer to get more definition to the ripples and changed opacity. Applied a mask and recovered the duck. Hope you like it...

Brendan Dozier
09-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Love the behavior pose, Indranil, and good job bringing out the concentric circles with your filtering. I might add a bit of canvas on the left.

Indranil Sircar
09-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Thanks Brendan... let me check if I can get any more canvas on the left.

Kerry Perkins
09-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Hi Indranil, I really like this duck and the pose you got. The ripples definitely make some geometrical shapes. :c3: I would be interested to see a little more saturation and midtone level but I like the feel as posted. Good catch!

John Storjohann
09-07-2011, 06:28 AM
Hi Indranil;

Brendan and Kerry make some good suggestions; I'm fascinated by the behavior in the image. Great timing on your part! It may just be me, but the image almost looks like it could use just a little CW rotation...who won, the Goldeneye or the clam? :w3 Nicely done!

denise ippolito
09-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Indranil, All good suggestions above. I love the timing on your capture and the head angle is perfect. :S3:

Anita Bower
09-07-2011, 09:01 AM
I find the clam in the bill humorous! This image shows the reason for this duck's name. Nice circles for out theme.

Roman Kurywczak
09-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Hey Indranil,
Great suggestions above and worth exploring but the clam puts it over the top!!!

Indranil Sircar
09-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks all. I appreciate it... here is another repost with all the suggestions...

Indranil Sircar
09-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi Indranil;

Brendan and Kerry make some good suggestions; I'm fascinated by the behavior in the image. Great timing on your part! It may just be me, but the image almost looks like it could use just a little CW rotation...who won, the Goldeneye or the clam? :w3 Nicely done!

Thanks John. It was the Goldeneye:c3: