PDA

View Full Version : Red Grouse (Part 3)

Steve Kaluski
09-05-2011, 08:14 AM
OK, this will conclude the Red Grouse for a little while.

This was, in all honesty one I posted in the early days of joining BPN, but have 're mastered the file', if I can put it that way, partly due to the requirements/usage of the image and also some of the elements that I now incorporate into my workflow from the little nuggets that I have gleaned from the Forum. It is not a huge departure from the OP, but the detail has been improved from within the original file.

Hope you enjoy it.

Steve
Subject: Red grouse in moorland, early morning (Lagopus lagopus)
Camera: Canon MKIII
Lens: 500f/4 plus 1.4x - handheld
Exposure: 1/250s at f11 ISO400 0 stop compensation
Crop: Almost FF, slight crop (original capture vertical)

No blurring done to BKG, all work in camera

Randy Stout
09-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Steve:

Lovely colors,like the pose, well exposed.

I would consider a modest crop down from the top.

Cheers

Randy

Kaustubh Deshpande
09-05-2011, 04:22 PM
What a shot, Steve. everything has come together in this one. Pose is superb and makes the comp. very balanced. colors, low angle, DOF effect....beautiful stuff.

Sidharth Kodikal
09-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Another beauty, Steve. I love the bg and the fg and how cozy the bird looks in that habitat.
I love this image, but if anything, I wish for the beak angled a degree towards us.
Great series, and indeed, this one is dry :)

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-05-2011, 07:12 PM
I really love this one. The colors and flowers are great and I love the head turn.:cheers:

Melissa Groo
09-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Doesn't really get much better than this. The colors, the comp, the light, the sharpness. What a winning image you have.

Craig Kerr
09-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Wonderful and effective use of DOF and the colours are just fabulous.... Print and Frame !!

Shaun Boycott-Taylor
09-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Wonderful image Steve, nice to see you have moved into Avian photography:eek3:

Exquisite colours in the background. Wouldn't change a thing. Sharp as a razor blade.

Shaun:wave:

Tom Redd
09-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Steve - This one says, "Magazine cover" Wow! Beautiful in every way. Colors, pose, DOF, details, light, shall I go on? Thanks for sharing this beauty.