PDA

View Full Version : Kgalagadi LBR

BenBotha
09-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Just before gate closing, perching on a dead branch at Twee Rivieren in KTP.

Canon 7D
Canon 500 mm IS f4
ISO 400
F 4.5

BenBotha
09-04-2011, 12:58 PM
I recalibrated my screen and it appears as if there are blotches and bright areas on top and on the R side of the image. The gamma setting of the screen and contrast was way out. This is the repost with some of the bright areas cloned out. C and C welcome.

Ben

Tom Redd
09-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Ben - My screen may need calibration, but I liked the original post better, the second one is dark on my screen. Lots of detail here and fantastic colors. The only nit, is that the tail gets lost in the BG. Overall, I would love to have this shot. TFS.

Loukie Viljoen
09-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Ben I agree with Tom just clone the blotches, they dont worry me, regards Loukie

BenBotha
09-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the comments. I had a look this morning, on a better screen. I agree, just removing the bright spots, would be OK. The brown blotches were grainy and distracting on the other screen, not so on the better screen.

Ben

Morkel Erasmus
09-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Ben, the repost is way too dark. I love the light on the OP, and the blotches are no deal-breaker for me. Clone them out if you want, or leave them, I am still captivated by the lovely bird in dramatic last light :S3: