PDA

View Full Version : Theme THEME: Oystercatcher Chick and Parent

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-04-2011, 09:57 AM
I was lucky last year to get a day with this family of Oystercatchers since we havn't had any chicks this summer at Ft DeSoto. They were so cute and fun to watch.
Canon 7D 300mm 2.8L IS w/2x
ISO 320 f10 @1/800 HH low to the ground with a belly full of sand.

C&C always welcome and appreciated. Thanks for viewing

RakeshDhareshwar
09-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Wished the mother's head was not in the shadow . Otherwise the low angle accentuates this image . Also , if the chick was not in front of the secong leg , it would have been a better compo .

Steve Kaluski
09-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Nice to see a chick within the image, gives it both scale and more interest for me. Agree on the position of the chic, but then you might not have got the shot. Perspective is good, and some nice detail in the feather plumage, however, I might be tempted to tone down the saturation on the eye and bill a little???

TFS
Steve

Herb Houghton
09-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Good angles on both subjects. I agree about the shadow on the adult. I like the interest of both the birds here. The low angle really adds to the image.

Troy Lim
09-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Nice image but too bad on the side lighting..filled flash would have take this shot to the next level.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
09-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Nice image but too bad on the side lighting..filled flash would have take this shot to the next level.
Thanks Troy yes I agree would have been good. Thanks all

Daniel Cadieux
09-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Nice low angle, and very cute scene you got here. My bigger issue is the shadowed face and eye, which, as Troy points out, would have been lessened with some flash. I kinda don't mind the parent's leg behind the chick.