PDA

View Full Version : At Eastern State Penitentiary

Dave Mills
09-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Seeing that a few images have been posted by Susan and Roman I thought I would add one that I shot when I was there with them awhile back. It was a great trip with many possible photo opportunities. Besides shooting the cells and hallways I was also looking for smaller comps. This is a 3 image HDR..

Nick Palmieri
09-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Great minds think alike Dave, I just posted one myself! Very nice, a different view. I like the fact that you kept the outlet, the hint of red in the lower corner balances the upper left corner.

John Storjohann
09-03-2011, 10:56 AM
What a unique set of images being posted today! This has a totally different feel to it; I really like the contrast between the obvious decay of the wall, the rust on the pipes, and the antique, pastel colored green cabinet...a ray of hope in a dismal place. Nicely done...and as mentioned by Nick, including the red electrical socket in the LRC adds a finishing touch to an already strong composition. Nicely done!

Susan Candelario
09-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Hey Dave,
Nice job seeing this one. I shot it at a different angle but like what you did here. You probably already know that I am not a big fan of grunging every single HDR image simply because I just feel it doesn't work with every image. But there are lots of subjects that do scream grunge and this is one of them. Love how you framed the mail cabinet with the electrical piping and outlets. The colors work very well on this one as well. :5

Indranil Sircar
09-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Wonderful colors and effect, Dave. Excellent processing.

Anita Bower
09-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Gorgeous colors, details, composition here. Love the green with the red. The textures that you brought out are wonderful. The only thing that troubles me is a slight distortion, probably caused by pointing the camera up?

Jay Sheinfield
09-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi Dave,

Nice work. I think you have really captured the grungy feel of the place. PP is top notch, and placement framed by the electical piping is great. As mentioned the red wall socket is the icing on the cake.........Terriffic!

Roman Kurywczak
09-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Hey Dave,
I missed this one! Great color contrasts and as mentioned...wall socket is a huge plus. You can tweak the lens distortion as Anita suggested......but as you know it doesn't bother me.......so I am OK with this as presented too! Very nice detail!!!