PDA

View Full Version : composition: leaves

Valerio Tarone
09-02-2011, 03:05 PM
flora not MACRO. USE of a grandangular. I've been studying 8-10min. searching for composition, 'rules of thirds', trying to emphasize the large leaves in Fg, a second line of flowers.a third of bushes., exposision, dof. 17-35 mm at 17mm f6.3 1/80 EV +0,3 ISO200 wb auto. In PP: probably only more sharpness.
comments & critics!

Norm Dulak
09-03-2011, 06:18 AM
This is an interesting composition, nice and sharp with a variety of interesting and contrasting elements. I think it might be improved by cropping a bit off the bottom, just enough to remove the bright partial leaf that begins at the middle and extends to the right.

But this is nice as is.

John Storjohann
09-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Hi Valerio;

I love the RHS of this composition...Norm makes a good point in his crop suggestion, and I'd be tempted to take it a bit farther...I'd crop the bottom leaf out per Norm's suggestion, but also crop the LHS to about the middle of the other prominent leaf...and then maybe darken what is left of that leaf so it doesn't draw so much attention. Good eye!

Valerio Tarone
09-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Thamk you Nolak and John, I think I 'll apply the suggestions.

Roman Kurywczak
09-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Hey Valerio,
Good suggestions above! It is difficult to capture the flora of an area......and I think you id pretty well! Not an easy subject so nice to see a differrent take!