PDA

View Full Version : hooded mergenser

Pat Nighswander
04-01-2008, 12:20 AM
iso 400, f 7.1, 1\500, 400mm on Canon 100 to 400, 30d ev 0http://usera.imagecave.com/division/cropwb6508.jpg

John Chardine
04-01-2008, 06:04 AM
There's a lot of potential in this image but I suspect the original is suffering from a heavy crop and the detail in the subjects is being lost. Assuming you have cropped, I would try less cropping, recomposing the subjects and doing a right rotate by 1-2°. You could also try toning down the saturation a little. The water to wonderful and I think you can bring that out and do justice to the subjects by re-processing the image.

Axel Hildebrandt
04-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Nice find, they are very skittish around here. I agree with John and would also apply some S/H to get more details in the darker parts. A lower angle would have helped a lot.

Gus Cobos
04-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Totaly agree with the rest...:D

Alfred Forns
04-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Agree with previous and how I would like isolating that lead duck !!!!!

Remember to include the exp compensation with the other info. Might be the most important part!!!! This seemed to be about a stop under !!! btw that water is just gorgeous !!!!

Pat Nighswander
04-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Not so big a crop on this one but I did crop out some distracting grasses or reeds coming out of water in the fg... Exposure componsation .. in this case none.. it was after sunrise...so i left it on zero.
.yes it was wavy and the female is going downhill and the male isn;t.. so I did not level out the female... because I thought it would make the male look funny..will try suggested corrections thanks guys..Will try female on her own