PDA

View Full Version : Sunset in Tanzania

Roman Kurywczak
09-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Didn't get a chance to do too many landscapes on my just completed Tanzania tour but I did get a few opportunities with the Baobob trees HH out of the vehicles. I also did some night photography and will post a few when I catch up on my workload. I am already looking forward to next years tour!
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens at 40mm at f8 and 1/1000 sec. and ISO 500 HH.

Rachel Hollander
09-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Roman - gorgeous color and silhouette. The faint clouds are great. I was surprised at your ss because I feel like there is still a sense of movement in the bare branches of the baobob tree. There's a dust spot to the left of the center tree and above the right edge of the distant baobob tree on that side. Looking forward to seeing more from your trip including the night shots.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Lacy
09-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi Roman, Wonderful pastel colors and I like the Pano crop, well done.

dankearl
09-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Very nice colors Roman,
I would maybe crop a bit from the left so it is not so centered?

Brendan Dozier
09-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Nice tree silhouette, Roman, and great looking sky colors. Welcome back, and looking forward to seeing more from your trip.

Dave Mills
09-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Hi Roman, beautiful light along with strong silhouettes. Just enough base without adding too much negative space. While i like the image as is Dan's suggestion regarding the crop from the left IMO is not without merit since it does strengthen the 3 dominant trees. Nice one!

Susan Candelario
09-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Hey Roman,
I love these types of images with the trees silhouetted with the setting or rising sun behind. Glad you got a few opportunities in your last tour to be bring some of these images back home. I love the serene feeling the image evokes. The pastel colors and the wispy clouds emanating from the tree tops are wonderful. Nicely done as usual & welcome back.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Morkel Erasmus
09-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Gorgeous mood and screams 'Africa' here Roman! :t3
I like the placement of the trees!

Judy Howle
09-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Beautiful image Roman! I love the soft colors and the placement of the sun behind the tree.

Robert Amoruso
09-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Roman, I do like the crop idea and tried a few and liked the results. Making the three trees more dominant in the scene strengthens the image IMO.

Andrew McLachlan
09-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey Roman, a little late to the party, but love the colors and the silhouette. What I like most is your care with the composition as the tree on the left does not merge with the surrounding trees. I'm fine with this version, but maybe tempted to crop according to Dan's suggestion for and alternate version.

Harshad Barve
09-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Gorgeous mood and screams 'Africa' here Roman! :t3
I like the placement of the trees!

Plus one here , Fantatstic
TFS