PDA

View Full Version : Snapseed Dragonfly

Judy Howle
09-01-2011, 08:07 AM
My iPad arrived yesterday and this is one of my first images with Snapseed. I used a jpg that I'd already processed with Topaz and it added texture, blurring to the edges and a vignette. Normally I'd work on it a bit more and maybe combine it with the original edit but I wanted to show it like it came from the app.

Jay Sheinfield
09-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Judy,

I like it. Very different. Not sure what Snapspeed is all about:S3:, but I'm definitely going to check it out. Love the deep blue colors and the perch with hanging thing is very interesting.
My only suggestion is that the center of the lighting or vignette, appears to highlight the lower wing and body, and you might consider the prominent lighting to be around the head and upper body/wings............Otherwise, I really like the filtering effects. Nice!

Mark Fuge
09-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Nice image and application, Judy.

Interesting texture and colors.

Roman Kurywczak
09-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Hey Judy,
Congrats on the iPad! I just bought one for my wife a few months ago. To me it is a bit dark overall.....and I usually like that......but maybe a bit of lightening? I like the vignette so just a bit brighter for my tastes.

Susan Candelario
09-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Hi Judy,
Congrats on you new Ipad! Nik's Snapseed App is pretty cool and I like the effect you created with it. Have fun with it.

John Storjohann
09-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Judy, that's a pretty cool image...it almost looks like it was taken at midnight under a partial moon!...and you did a wonderful job processing it. Roman makes a good suggestion about lightening it up a bit...nicely done!

Judy Howle
09-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks everyone! I lightened it up a bit.

Cheryl Slechta
09-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Judy, I like the lightened version. Very cool:S3:

John Storjohann
09-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Judy, nice job with the repost!

denise ippolito
09-02-2011, 03:33 AM
Judy, Congrats on the iPad. Very nice work with the App. The color and the comp is nice. I do like the repost better. Looking forward to more.:S3: