PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy Turnstone

Mitch Carucci
08-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Remask & Simplify

Brendan Dozier
08-31-2011, 12:29 PM
I like the POV and composition of the bird flying high above the clouds, Mitch. Nice light and colors on the bird, and like the light glow on the clouds. Wishing for a more gradual and softer light to dark transition in LRC. Some lightening and less filtering in that area might help bring back some detail.

Dave Mills
08-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi Mitch, Agree with Brendan regarding the light transition but overall a pleasing image. In this case it doesn't bother me that the bird is flying away from the viewer. The colors keep my interest along with a good filter technique...

Cheryl Slechta
08-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Mitch, another option would be to take enough off of the bottom so that only a little of the dark clouds were visible. I like the lighting and the Simplify effect.:S3:

Bob Miller
08-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Mitch...This combo of simplify and remask seems to be working well for you. if you don't mind sharing......What filter in simplify are you using for most of your images? And how do you get these cool lighting effects

denise ippolito
09-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Mitch, Nice job with the filter combo and I like the way you are showing different versions for the same bird. I like the placement of the turnstone in the frame and the details. Brendan makes a good suggestion regarding the lighting.:S3: