PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Swallows

Kurt Bowman
08-30-2011, 09:04 PM
Spent last weekend capturing Barn Swallows feeding their young. Ended up with several keepers.

1D MIV
500mm f/4
1/1250 at f/8
ISO 320

Steve Kaluski
08-31-2011, 01:11 AM
Hi Kurt, I can't believe this has not received any comments to date, great BIF. I think I prefer the next frame and would love to see this bigger to maximise this behaviour. I can't help wonder what it would look like if the wing wasn't touching the bird ie a frame or two before this, although it does add a linkage. Great perch.

TFS
Steve :wave:

gail bisson
08-31-2011, 04:46 AM
Great shot. I really like the lines created by the birds. I like the open mouth and the perch is lovely. Nice to see the eyes so clearly. My only nit is the blurred wing tip behind the baby's back. If this was mine I would clone it out.
Gail

Cheryl Arena Molennor
08-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Hey Kurt! Nice to see you here. Great action you caught. Love the babies open mouth.

Kaustubh Deshpande
08-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Kurt, would love to see it posted larger. great moment.... light, perch and composition all are very good.

Kurt Bowman
08-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I will post a larger version on my next post...I would have this time, but honestly got lazy I post on 3 other forums and also on my own website and of course everyone has different maximums:bg3:So sometimes I feel like I am saving way to many versions!!!