PDA

View Full Version : Caterpillar- - Fractilius

Bob Miller
08-30-2011, 06:51 PM
While waiting for dragonflies to land, i saw this caterpillar and decided to shoot it but later looking at it in Lr i was not happy with it so I decided to see what it would look like in Fractilius.....I like the look the filter gave it...your thoughts?
Nikon D3s
180mm Tamron Macro
1/500 at f10
ISO 1600

Cheryl Slechta
08-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Bob, I really like the effect fractalilus had on the caterpillar and I love the colors. Do you have the back end of the caterpillar? It'd be nice to see the whole critter - it should be easy to add a slight bit of canvas to include the very back part of him.:S3:

denise ippolito
08-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Bob, I love the effect of the Fractalius on the Caterpillar. It makes it so soft and fuzzy. Cheryl makes a good suggestion. I do wish this was posted larger. Great thinking for this!!:S3:

Steve Adkins
08-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Agree, this is a great color mix and filter effect, Bob! While I would like to see more of the caterpillar, this comp (and even a 90CCW rotation) is a really intriguing image. :S3:

Indranil Sircar
08-30-2011, 09:50 PM
This is excellent, Bob. Wonderful colors and effect... I too would have loved to see it complete and I like how you framed it. Very nice work!

Paul Lagasi
08-31-2011, 04:06 AM
The frac effect works well on the caterpillar, nicely composed...agree with above comments...Well done

John Storjohann
08-31-2011, 05:35 AM
Bob, I'm late to the party, but let me echo what's already been said....great use of Fracatlius...wonderful colors, I love the textures and patterns you brought out in the caterpillar...a very nice composition, but like others I wish I could see a bit more of the critter at the back end...and I'd be tempted to add a wee bit of canvas to the bottom to give him some room to move into. A nice eye seeing this one, and a wonderful job of processing! :cheers:

Mitch Carucci
08-31-2011, 10:04 AM
It looks like fine brush strokes. Love the effect. Love the color!

M.

Brendan Dozier
08-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Frac treatment looks great on this caterpillar, Bob! Light and colors are very nice. Agree about seeing more of it if possible, and posting larger size image.